Monday, January 28, 2013

I like sharing my blog.  I was trying to enter a contest "Challenge" with Art Impressions over the weekend but alas , I don't know all the tricks of connecting my blog to the entry site.  I guess I will try again next week.  Well to those girls in our Card group that are interested in my designs I will share a few today.  The stamp above comes from Art Impressions.  I love her.  She is a woman who is happy with herself and enjoys life.  To start I stamped her on Whisper white card stock and colored her with  Stamping Up pens .  I then cut her out carefully.  I placed her on the front of a card and proceeded to draw the area surrounding her.  It is a porch of sorts which is suppose to be along a bayou in South La. I guess it would be more of a dancing area since I included a sign for a dance.  I drew in a few cypress trees and some grass and of course "Charlie"  the alligator.  What place in South La. on a Bayou would not have its own personal alligator?!.  If you look carefully you will see that she is on the edge of the wharf extending from the porch.  I then put Stamping Dimensions on the back of my lady and placed her there on the wharf.  I added the words later "oops" and inside the card I wrote:  Sorry I forgot your birthday. Oh don't say you can't draw.  Everyone can draw.  So what if your tree does not look like mine.  How do you know there isn't a tree that looks exactly as you draw it.  You are an artist and what you draw is your creation.  Have fun.  Enjoy.   

No comments:

Post a Comment