Saturday, January 26, 2013

Another "container" Money or gift card



 

So here we go for another "container".
I found an interesting design card stock which was bight and colorful.  The paper was 12" wide so
I I scored the card stock every 4 inches thus having two score marks.  I trimmed about 1/4 of an inch
from the back panel so the flap would fit on the inside of the card.  I then selected a "Girlfriend "
stamp set, (the 4 ladies proudly struting) and selected two of the ladies I wanted to use.  I covered the
remaining ladies with a piece of card stock and lightly pressed my ink pad over the remaining two
ladies.  I colored them in with the wooden crayon pencils and used mineral oil to smooth out the pencil strokes  .  I then cut them out and put it aside.  I cut a scalloped oval in the bright orange and flued the ladies in the center .  They overlapped a little which is what I wanted.  I used another punch to cut out a phrase rectangle and stamped the words "Lets Celebrate".  I then glued the big oval to the outside center of the card and the phrase at the top.  I used dimentions for the ladies.  On the inside of the card, I cut out a rectangle half the size of the card stock and then punched the half circle at the top.  I glued that along the edges and bottom and attached to the center bottom of the card.  Over it I cut out two scalloped ovals (spellbinders) and stamped Birthday wishes in the center and added a small butterfly beneath it.  To the inside left side of the card I added on of the "golden oldies" which I stamped on white card stock, added a skirt to her bathing suit and put designs similar to the card design coloring everything with wooden crayon pencils and again using the mineral spirits to smooth the crayon.  I then glued her to the card.   A quick gift idea when you don't know what to purchase for  someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment