Friday, March 26, 2010

FIRST COMMUNION



We have another event that will be taking place right around Easter time. First Communion. My grandson is going to be making his first on April the 10th. That just happens to be his birthday to. Isn't that great. Making his first committment to Jesus and its on the same day he entered this world. I wanted to make something special for him. I used a pre cut card approximately 5" X 7". I cut one Navy blue card to measure 1/4 smaller than the card. Next I used the Cuttle Bug and stamped a design with swirls on it on a white card stock. I used the corner trip and cut the corners of this card piece. I then cut a smmaller navy card about 4" X 3 1/2 ". I used one of my edge punches from Michaels and punched the heart trip along the bottom edge. On top of that card I placed a piece of white cardstock that I had stamped with some clear plastic stamps of the swirls randomly. I attached it to the blue card. I cut another blue card 4 3/4" by 3". I also stamped the picture of the little boy angel in center of a piece of white card stock, colored him with chalk and then cut him out in detail. I placed him on a piece of white card stock that I had punched a scalloped edge. I glued the little angel to the card with dementions . The other cards were glued on in layers and I added the little self stick pearls at the four corners. Across the top I put some white ribbon that says "Congratulations" on it . Later I also added a small silver cross charm to the card to the right of the picture. The Stamp is from Whiff Of Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment