Sunday, April 25, 2010

Mother's Day and Father's Day Cards




These 3 cards were my Sunday morning project. I wanted to make some cards to bring to my office or to mail to my friends. Haven't deceided which. Well I did the pik card first . I happened to have this card stock and this page from a book of designed paper. I remembered the pattern stamp set from Stampin up ( a friend got this set from me as a gift.) and I thought I would use only 1 of the women in the picture. I stamped her and cut it out. I then stamped it again on green paper dotted with pink dots. I cut out just the dress and placed it over the print I did before. From the designed paper I cut the three flower squares and glued them in step like arrangements . I then cut out the flower pot and using the little demintion dots I put three dots under the picture and attached it to the card over one of the steps. I like the butterfly so I cut it out and then put three little demintion dots on the body of the butterfly and glued him over the flower pot. I stamped the words mother and day on Whisper white card stock and cut them out with the plain oval punch. Then I cut the scalloped ovals from the green pink dotted paper. I used demintions and put the wording on the scalloped pieces . I used a edge punch along the fron of the card, top and side and punched this little decoration. The second card has the deer scene and the tree. I had this card stock with this pretty green and blue stripping and thought it would make a good card for a man. I especially wanted to use the deer scene and got the set out and used the deer scene and the tree. I think I made a mistale coloring in the pictures. It was prettier just stamped in brown . Well done is done and I cut out the backing piece in dark brown and attached the pictures with light brown brads. I had the staw like ribbon and tied it around the card itself. It still looks good. The third is the old car another favorite of mine. I had the bluish green textured card stock and measured and cut the card to fit the available envelope I had. Then I layered the card with dark brown again and the bluish green. Using whisper white card stock I stamped the old car and painted it with stampin up pens. I saw this old truck down my street that was all rusty and surrounded by blue flowers and I loved the colors together so thats why I used the colors I did. I also put the wording at the top in strong block form. I used screw looking brads to attach the cards together. I had seen them used on other cards and thought well working on cars always has a bunch of screws left over. Ok .... well I think the screw are cute . I then added a brown bow and two little birds from another stamp set. Wala' the card is finished. I could work on cards all day and all night but alas I have transcription work that must get done by tonight so that it is for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment