Monday, April 26, 2010

Happy Mother's Day



Yeah I know I'm at it again. Look ladies I could do this morning , noon and night. This little card came out really nice. The color makes me think of sage but I am sure its called something else. Anyway I did the usual measuring my textured card stock with an available envelope to make sure it would fit. Once the card was folded in half I knew which stamp I wanted to use cause the paper matched what I wanted to use to color the chair. The Stampin up color pen is called Sarara sand and I think that may be the shade name for the paper, which comes from Core Dinations . The decorative paper I am sure comes from Stampin Up also cause its two sided. The green stripe is on one side and the flower design on the other . They worked perfectly together. I cut the flowered card for my base and then the stripped and next the card stock and then the print is on whisper white from Stampin Up. I sure like the way that card stock takes the ink. I used a small oval punch (Yep from Stampin up) and the scalloped punch to make the Mother's day words pop out. I was lucky I had ribbon that matched, buttons that matched and brads that matched. Got to use what you have on hand. So I started placing things where I wanted and then started gluing. I used dimentions under the words and under the chair picture. Those I placed under the colored card stock. Cut two small pieces of ribbon and tucked them under the top edge of the base card( the flower printed one) I only used the brads through the picture card and the textured card stock . I did not go through all layers of cards. I then attached the buttons with the dots stick ons. Ohhhh kind of late but did you notice that the pillow is the same color as the back ground paper. I stamped it and then cut it out and placed it on the original picture. On the envelope I used a piece of the flowered paper and glued it to the flap and then attached a button. The inside verse is typed by me on the computer and then I glue it to the inside of the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment