Saturday, April 17, 2010

EXPLOSION CARD





Well those of you that know me , know that if I see something and I "think" I can do it , I will or at least attempt it. I saw this card yesterday on Splitcoaststampers under the "search" for graduation cards. I had to try it. Her card was located on pg. 20 and its an "explosion card" . She has a blog site called allycatcards.com.blogspot.com

I wanted to give her credit for the idea. I found the secret to the explosion card is that the cap has to be a perfect square to start. You take the square and fold it in half point to point and press seam. Then open the square and fold the opposite corners point to point and press seam and now the tricky part for me was you open the squard again and you fold it in half side to side , press and then open the square. Now you take two points and pull them together to the inside and then press the two sided together and it forms a square. Beleive it or not I had no instructions and mine came together by accident because I just had the picture to look at. I then used a top fold card and attached the cap to the card near the top by gluing the back part of the square to the card . I used double sided tape for this . The colors for the school are red and black (like you couldn't tell) and I opened the card and put the reciepients name inside and them spelling out her name on each panel I used the letters for certain meanings . Ex> Tracy= T true to the end. R reliable at all times. A always there C capable of anything she puts her mind to, Y yesterday is gone and the future is yours to create. Put your own version or just put photos or nothing at all. On the top of the had at the top point I added a charm of the school mascot ( a mustang) and stamped graduation caps and wrote the year. The initials of the school are stamped and embossed on scalloped squares and I used a clip heart to hold the explosion card closed. Inside on the front cover side I put the school almata and on the right I used two pieces of card stock, one red , one white and stamped two different greetings. There are so many ways to use this explosion card and I had fun creating this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment