Sunday, August 22, 2010

FIREMAN BIRTHDAY CARD.



This is a Fireman's Birthday card for my nephew. It is not complicated but does take some planning. I put it together as I went so it was not planned. It was trial and error. I cut the card out of yellow card stock. Don't ask measurements . Its exactly 1/4 " smaller than the envelope I will put it in. Next I stamped my cute little Fireman (that belongs to Susan) and I colored him with a yellow pencil color and the chest panel, cuffs and his boots black with the pencil. I then cut another helmet and cuffs to add with dimentions to create two dementional effect. I then used chalk to do in the background with orange, yellow , red and some puffs if black. It gives the impression of smoke and fire. I cut two other pieces of card stock , one yellow and one black and then put the three together with black brads. I knew I wanted to use some metal loops that I had so I found the black ribbon with white stiching marks on it and attached the metal loops under the pictures to the right. Then I wrapped the ribbons around the other half of the loop and then wrapped it around the piece of black background and tucked the end under the picture. I then glued the black card and the picture to the yellow card stock. I cut rectangle black card stock to highlight the yellow birthday wishes which was cut with craft scissors. It all came together better than I hoped. The next view is the inside of the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment