Monday, July 26, 2010

STORIES FOR THE PHOTOS BELOW

Here we go .....the story of the pictures below. Lets start with the craft room. I so admired the way Susan set up her craft room that I had to try finding a way I could use the shelf unit. I could not fit the three shelf unit but could probably use the two column. I bought one at Lowes and then I saw the shoe storage unit and purchased that to hoping I could use it. I put the units together and then placed the large unit lying sideways on top of my table. Then I put the shoe rack together and put it on top. I noticed that the back of the storage unit had these card board panels to seal off the back . Being that having the unit on the table it would block my view of the entrance door so I cut each card board in half and nailed half to the openings. By accident I saw a piece of vellum and thought if I could use a clear plastic I could provide a backing for the shoe rack that I could see through. Well the plastic divider from the storage paper folder was perfect and I cut two to fit . I used some of my stamps to put designs on the plastic and glued scrapbook paper onto the cardboard to make it attractive from the entrance side. It has worked perfectly and now everything is right at my fingertips. Oh I can still make the worse mess your ever saw when I am really into a project but its not as hard to clean it all up

MORE CARDS;
I made a fall card to send to the soldiers. By the time they received them Fall and Christmas will be here. There is another view of the new work area.

PASSING TIME:
The wheel barrow card is for the service men and the other is for my son's birthday in August. He loves to hunt so he likes the outdoors . This card was done in chalks.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY:
These are cards I made for two of my relatives. One likes race cars and the other likes old cards. Its a father and son team and lets say they both like the same things.

So that is my upload for the day. I have been having a lot of fun creating a lot of the cards. I just received some new stamps I ordered the other day. I also have my Stampin Up stamps that I love. I could do this all the time. I really enjoy the heck out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment