Friday, September 24, 2010

BABY CHRISTENING CARD



A CHRISTENING CARD
This card was requested by a friend. I used dark pink card stock to make the base of the card. I found a nice floral print to use on the front . I cut two small strips of card stock in a lighter shade of pink and one white. I scalloped the edges with stampin up punches . I placed them at the top of the pink floral paper and at the bottom. I glued two pieces of lace on each side of the pink floral print and on top of that I glued a narrow pink ribbon . I then put the stick- on pearls along the ribbon. Next I cut out the angel stamp, colored her headband and dress in shades of pink and white. I put a pearl on her dress and used dimensions behind her to give depth . In front of her I placed a Scalloped circle pushing it to the waist and putting her hands over the circle. I attached a pink ribbon bow at the top of the circle. After shading the edge of the scallop with a light pink I used pearls again in the scallops. Next I had a cross stamp that I used . I stamped three crosses on different card stock. I then cut each one smaller than the last. In other words I cut the white larger then the dark pink and then the light pink which showed the design on the cross. I next used a brad to hold a metal cross right in the center. The bottom oval (which is slightly off center ) is on dimensions again and pearls on the darker pink background . I glued lace to the bottom of the card using the fold and stick method. Lastly I cut a rectangle tag and placed it in the center with a Christening Blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment