Saturday, May 1, 2010



Well Crafters I guess I just can't quit. Does anyone need a Mother's Day Card? Ha. Her is another one. I used pink textured card stock to fit the envelope size I had. I used a shade of paper to compliment the pink and using a punch I put a scalloped edge to the top of the paper. I glued it in place and the put a ribbon across the bottom. I cut out the picture I used from a Busy Scrapper's Solution book by Hot off the Press. I put the rectangular picture onto a piece of pink card stock and mounted it onto the ribbon . I cut another piece of card stock to fit on top of the rectangle and cut the scalloped edge on that to. I glued a round picture on that. Now I needed something for the top of my card . I decided on a heart so I cut two ....one out of the dark paper and another out of the pink card stock (smaller than the dark one so it could fit inside. I glued the two together and using dimensions mounted that to the card. To bring attention to the heart I used the self stick pearls all around the edge of the heart and stamped the Mother's Day greeting. The heart just look to plain so I added the flowers . I used "dots" to glue the flowers to the card and placed buttons in the center . Luck was with me and I found one button with a attractive bronze like circle around a button that matched the paper perfectly so I used that in the center. The pink bow was next and I used two decorative pins that I inserted on each side cutting off the tips so no one get "Picked". I had the word "love" from a decorative packet of buttons from Michaels and added it below the heart for a finishing touch. The card is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment